2019-01-21 AOMEI Backupper is the ticket
Oh let me count the ways. Vista/Win7 has easy backup for some versions. I like Drive Snapshot. I have not had to restore a Vista/Win7 install with Drive Snapshot but I hear it works, knock on wood. Vista/Win7 did something odd with the boot sector but I think Drive Snapshot worked that out with recent versions. I like how fast DS runs and how it runs from a little portable posture without having to leave Windows. Drive Snapshot is not free.
Restoring the OS needs to be done from DOS with full access to the NTFS partition. I have an NTFS boot CD with DS on it for just such a reason. This is somewhat trickier than using Acronis, etc. but I've had Acronis do some crazy errors in the past and don't really trust it. Drive Snapshot just works.
I like Second Copy. I've tried SyncToy and other sync. programs and don't like the setups and scheduling. Cobian created a deep file structure that took me forever to delete. You do not want to go through this.
Symenu Stuff (Irritating Updates)
I've used Symenu for ages and appreciate the broad selection of apps and the easy updating of those apps. The easy update days are over,...
-
Web Hosted AI LLM Free Access Some require login. Using Google is easiest. Available AI Platforms: Grok ChatGPT Claude AI DeepSeek...
-
Gmail Facebook X Inoreader Google Maps Live Gold & Silver Spot Price Charts | APMEX Cryptocurrency Prices, Charts, and Crypto Market Cap...
-
Links Windows Install Windows Software