Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Installing Win7 Driver In Vista Compatibility
Windows 7 deserves applause for getting a computer up and running with a fresh install. Occasionally a stray driver gets missed because the Vista driver has never been brought up to Win7 recognition. I just had this happen with an Intel board on a Gateway Desktop. I right clicked on the setup.exe file and chose Vista compatibility. (After tearing my hair out finding the driver in the first place.) Then when I ran the setup file, it worked. Good thing too because the system had noticeable benefit. It was MgmtEngine driver in case you are interested. The error was "PCI Simple Communications Controller".
Symenu Stuff (Irritating Updates)
I've used Symenu for ages and appreciate the broad selection of apps and the easy updating of those apps. The easy update days are over,...
-
Web Hosted AI LLM Free Access Some require login. Using Google is easiest. Available AI Platforms: Grok ChatGPT Claude AI DeepSeek...
-
Gmail Facebook X Inoreader Google Maps Live Gold & Silver Spot Price Charts | APMEX Cryptocurrency Prices, Charts, and Crypto Market Cap...
-
Links Windows Install Windows Software