Saturday, May 20, 2023

Launchy

07-16-2026
I've gone back to Original Launchy no QT for me.
winget install CodeJelly.Launchy

Disable winget upgrade for Launchy "winget pin add CodeJelly.Launchy"

If you need to fix path issues, go to the .ini file
Check out the "utilities" folder and add your own favorite links and shortcuts.

Make your own .Links folder somewhere. Use the period in front, the folder is top in the list.
Add to Lauchy path and add *.lnk, *.url, *.bat

After years of using the default alt+space hotkey I'm changing to alt+z. I want to preserve the standard alt+space.

Here is a directory portion for C: & D: drives..
Change the user and/or drive letter as needed.

[directories]
1\name=C:\\ProgramData\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Start Menu
1\types=*.lnk
1\indexDirs=false
1\indexExes=false
1\depth=10
2\name=C:\\Users\\George\\AppData\\Roaming\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Start Menu
2\types=*.lnk
2\indexDirs=false
2\indexExes=false
2\depth=10
3\name=utilities\\
3\types=*.lnk, *.cmd, *.vbs
3\indexDirs=false
3\indexExes=false
3\depth=10
size=7
4\name=D:\\Portable
4\types=*.vbs
4\indexDirs=false
4\indexExes=true
4\depth=100
5\name=D:\\Users\\George\\Documents
5\types=@Invalid()
5\indexDirs=true
5\indexExes=false
5\depth=100
6\name=D:\\Syncthing
6\types=@Invalid()
6\indexDirs=true
6\indexExes=false
6\depth=100
7\name=D:\\Portable\\.Links
7\types=*.lnk, *.url, *.bat
7\indexDirs=false
7\indexExes=false
7\depth=100

Symenu Stuff (Irritating Updates)

I've used Symenu for ages and appreciate the broad selection of apps and the easy updating of those apps. The easy update days are over,...