Monday, August 31, 2026

Omarchy Stuff

On the Try Omarchy VM for Windows

Set scaling to 1 instead of 2 on 1080p
nano ~/.config/hypr/monitors.lua   
hyprctl reload

Windows can be widened. Look through the key bindings.

Haha, you will have to install Nano unless you want to use NeoVim
Note: I had to do this for Gimp. Set to 2 did not leave room to read the edges of Gimp.

If, for some reason, you can't use Windows, Linux can be a good option.
1. Windows won't install on your system? (Which is why I have one CachyOS system.)
2. Hardware is limited?

But unless you require emotional comfort from "creating your own system", which you really aren't doing if you are honest, I don't see the advantage. After trying OmarchyOS and CachyOS, both of which are very fast, fun and entertaining. They don't do anything for me Windows lacks. And they do make some things more difficult. Partly do to my lack of experience but often it's how Linux does things. Omarchy's window manager and hot key approach is very like how I often use Windows. But with Windows I'm not restricted to window manager/ hot key only. Try using Anydesk or RustDesk. Oh I'm sorry, they don't display on Wayland. Do I really need them? Yes, I do. I can use my keyboard to launch almost anything on my Windows system. And yes, I can tile them, close them, and place them on workspaces. 😂

OMG, are you using Omarchy?

Nope, boring old Windows. 😂


Open Code Stuff

Installing Open Code Desktop with Winget Open Code is a Coding Harness or Coding Agent that access AI models and performs tasks and function...