Comments: "Quickly" may not be the right word for File Searcher but it works, although I have only given it one shot. It can be extracted and used without installing. Specific folders can be selected to cut down on process time. It found my search phrase in .xls, .zip files so far. It talks awhile but if you just can't find that old file, this can do it. The program seem to challenge my dual core P8600 at times and things bog down periodically, coming to a standstill at times. So this is not something for casual use. I finally had to use Task Manager to kill it. I'm going to try installing and see if it plays nicer with friends.
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Search The Contents Of Files Quickly With File Searcher | PCMech
Search The Contents Of Files Quickly With File Searcher | PCMech: "I have previously written about the Everything tool which quickly searches your hard drive for particular files. The problem with this utility is it only searches based on the file name and not the contents. For for situations where you need to search for text inside of a file, check out the File Searcher utility."
Symenu Stuff (Irritating Updates)
I've used Symenu for ages and appreciate the broad selection of apps and the easy updating of those apps. The easy update days are over,...
-
Web Hosted AI LLM Free Access Some require login. Using Google is easiest. Available AI Platforms: Grok ChatGPT Claude AI DeepSeek...
-
Gmail Facebook X Inoreader Google Maps Live Gold & Silver Spot Price Charts | APMEX Cryptocurrency Prices, Charts, and Crypto Market Cap...
-
Links Windows Install Windows Software