Sunday, August 7, 2022

Dell XPS13 Black Screen

2022-09-16 So I reset Windows and it helped but still happens occasionally.
I see so many mentions of this online it would keep me from Dell laptops in the future.

2022-09-06 Well, that didn't last long. It's Baaack. No, "fast start" is not on but shut down didn't temp fix, only restart so feels like a "fast start" issue.
2022-08-31 I normally do not allow Windows update to install drivers. Why? Who knows? But WU found a Dell firmware and an Intel driver that Dell did not find so . . . That seemed to finally fix things.
But I've claimed victory before.

Try win + ctl + shift + b to reset the video driver.
Although this can help it is not a solution.
The only thing I have found is to turn all screen turn off options disabled.

26H2 Upgrade

 https://catalog.sf.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com/filestreamingservice/files/94520a88-858f-4832-a57d-7211f6d84a4e/public/Windows11.0-KB512179...